Of all the trends and fashions that “new-age” medicine has brought to Western society, maybe no single practice was more widely adopted than meditation. And when you look at meditation objectively, it makes perfect sense that those that live in a hustle and bustle world would welcome a chance to sit in a quiet, comfortable place for an hour, put on some relaxing music and light some scented candles and do nothing but let their mind empty of thoughts.
For many, it sounded like a really nice way to relax, but the health benefits that go along with meditation were an extra bonus. Here are ten reasons why everyone should take up meditation.
- It lowers your blood pressure. Meditation may be the single biggest source of stress relief in human history. It makes you focus on the bigger picture, while relaxing in a (preferably) isolated environment. Not only can it lower your blood pressure, it can do it for free. The only cost involved with meditation is time.
- It sharpens the mind. Many meditation devotees say that not only does the meditation help with their health; it makes them more focused and better able to solve problems. This may simply be a case of taking the time out of a hectic schedule to properly relax, but those that meditate on a regular basis say there is more to it than that. Some even say it has raised their IQ level and helped their grades in school or their career at work. Regardless of the reason, meditation has a profound positive impact on the mind.
- It can help you be a better parent. This ties in with the stress release mentioned above. If you have the luxury to find time to meditate while you’re a parent, you’ll find that it will help you put things in perspective, help calm you down and help release the built up stress in your body. You’ll find that you will have more patience with Junior and that you’re more willing to deal with problems level-headedly instead of snapping and getting angry.
- It can help you be a better partner. With meditation comes increased tolerance for the chaos around you and also more patience in dealing with people. And we all know that when you’re in a relationship, patience is a big deal. Meditation can even help you become intuitive with your partner when discussing things or even in the bedroom. During times of intimacy, you’ll find it easier to immerse yourself in the pleasure without worrying about nagging problems.
- Meditation can help you at work. Since meditation is so good at helping you release stress, you’ll be able to take on problems at work with a fresh and new perspective. Don’t be surprised if it results in a raise and even a promotion since your coworkers will notice your new relaxed demeanour and improved problem solving skills.
- Live Longer. Imagine a life without stress, or at the very most, significantly less stress than you have now. How much better would you feel? How much healthier would you be? And how much longer do you think you would live? Sound too good to be true? Not in the slightest. Meditation can really do these things for you, and the best part is, once you know how to do it, you can practice it for the rest of your life and not have to pay another dime.
- Reduce the signs of aging. While not even meditation can slow down time, it can help to slow down the aging process on your body. Ever wanted to find an all-natural alternative to a face lift for almost no cost? Meditation can do it for you. Once you’ve learned how to release a day’s worth of stress every evening, you won’t have to spend your hard earned money on creams or solutions that claim to erase wrinkles. They will start disappearing on their own.
- Get more out of sleep. If you go to bed every night already relaxed, your sleep will be infinitely more restful and relaxing. Your body will spend its deep sleeping time healing and preparing for the next day and not unwinding. You’ll wake each day without the feeling of still being tired and although you still may not want to go to work, you won’t wake up feeling exhausted.
- Meditation can help you develop solid leadership skills. Meditation can’t stop tragedy from happening, but when it does, meditation can help to deal with the overwhelming stress that accompanies it much easier. People who never thought of you as a leader during a crisis will watch in amazement when you are the only one in the room keeping a cool head.
- You’ll simply enjoy life more. Take all of these points and put them together and what do you have? You have a life that is worth living every single day. You’ll approach obstacles in a whole new way. It can make you a better parent, lover and person. Meditation can do all of this for you and more.
Meditation isn’t a cure-all, but it might be the next best thing. Once you’ve picked up the basics, it’s also an extremely inexpensive way to release stress. As long as you make the proper time for it, meditation can be one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself.
My Deep Meditation Secrets! Learn all the magic and power of deep meditation and how to live a balanced life filled with abundance, luck, freedom and love! Read the amazing story of a modern day competitive Athlete and her magical meditation journey! Tips, ideas and insights on meditation and fitness!
I Ching Secrets!
Free consultation using the secrets of I Ching!
Rune Casting Secrets!
Casting Runes has been used as a form of divination since the fourth century. With the emergence of Christianity, Runes came to be seen as a pagan, evil practice. Consequently Rune Casting was repressed. Today using Runes as a method of fortune telling is becoming more and more popular.